JMCBI in the Media
JMCBI Social Justice Work and Response to Current Events in the News
- July 2008: JCUA’s response to a conference held by an extremist Muslim
group in Oak Lawn, a response which recognizes objection to the
conference within the Muslim community and reaffirms our collaboration.
Read op-ed in the Chicago Sun-Times.
- Article on Jewish-Muslim joint statement during the 2009 War in Gaza. Read article
in the Huffington Post.
- February 2008: General article about JMCBI in Northwestern University’s Medill
News. Click to read.
- 2005: ABC 7 article with JCUA condemning the murder of Muslim cab driver
Haroon Paryani. Read here.
- 2005: JCUA press release against the confirmation of Alberto Gonzales as
US Attorney General, due to his role in writing the patriot act.
- 2004: New York times article including a JCUA statement about the discrimination
against Muslim scholar Najma Ramadan.
JMCBI Cultural Events in the News
- Chicago Crescent article about "Discussion Over Coffee" (January 2010)
- Medill Reports arcticle about Café Finjan 2010
- Medill Repors arcticle about a friendship which evolved trough the JMCBI
- TimeOut Chicago article about Café Finjan
- Article on Café Finjan in the Huffington Post
- Article in JEWCY about Café Finjan and Discussion Groups ( formerly known as Text Studies)
- Chicago Tribune article about Iftar in the Sukkah
Photos and Videos
- Rohina Malik - "Unveiled" Video
- Café Finjan 2010 Video
- Café Finjan 2008 Video
- JCUA and IMAN teen video about identity
- JCUA and IMAN teen video about Jewish-Muslim encounters and collaboration
- Iftar in the Synagogue video
Learn More about Islam - Links to Resources