Café Finjan 2010: 2020 Vision
Café Finjan is a series of interfaith arts exchanges begun in 2002 as part of the Jewish-Muslim Community Building Initiative. The series establishes points of
contact, and nurtures a greater understanding between Jews and Muslims of Chicago while creating spaces for people of these diverse backgrounds to come
together and give voice to their identity and experience as part of a larger community.
The theme of the upcoming Café Finjan is
This dynamic evening, featuring performing artists and interactive audience participation, will explore both a common vision for the future (a vision for the year 2020) as well as clarity of vision (20/20) with regards to the challenges we face and the complexity of our identities.
Where: Mundelein Center Auditorium,
1020 W. Sheridan Rd, Chicago
$5 suggested donation.
Please RSVP: firstname.lastname@example.org. Space is limited.
Under the umbrella of the Jewish-Muslim Community Building Initiative (JMCBI), sponsoring organizations include:
- Council for the Advancement of Muslim Professionals (CAMP-Chicago)
- Jewish Council on Urban Affairs (JCUA)
- Council on American Islamic Relations (CAIR-Chicago)
- Inner-city Muslim Action Network (IMAN)
- Hillel at Loyola University Chicago
- Muslim Student Association – Loyola
- Department of Fine and Performing Arts – Loyola University Chicago